Thank you for your interest in The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation, Inc.
Established by Jose and Kathleen Fernandez in 2006, the mission of The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation, Inc. is to provide people with the opportunity to help themselves through our charitable donations to eligible non-profit organizations. The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation is committed to funding organizations that provide the support and the tools necessary, particularly through education, as a means for sustainable success.
All applicants must be IRS recognized 501(c)(3) public charities classified as not a private foundation. The priorities of The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation, Inc. include:
• Educational institutions that support the underserved youth in a community.
• Educational programs focused on increasing environmental awareness and working towards a more sustainable environment.
• Contributing to the education and support of those requiring special attention and those with special needs in the community.
Although multi-year grants are made in special cases, The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation, Inc.’s support should not be viewed as a continuing source of funds. We receive many more requests than can be satisfied in any one fiscal year and we do not generally fund organizations in perpetuity. The Fernandez Pave the Way Foundation, Inc. does not fund:
• Social Events
• Political Campaigns or Causes
• Sporting Events
• Non-U.S. based organizations
• Religious Institutions (we do consider grants to organizations that are affiliated with a religious organization, but provide a service in our areas of interest in a non-denominational context).
1. Submit an inquiry or specific question to us via the Contact Us page on this website.
2. In order to be considered for a grant, the following information will be requested:
a. organization mission
b. project description with intended outcomes
c. community served and grant period
d. amount requested and use of funds
e. copy of 501(c)(3) I.R.S. letter of determination; and Charitable Solicitation Registration
f. name, title, and contact information of person submitting the grant request. There is no deadline for inquiries.
3. After initial review of eligibility and merit, specific guidelines will be sent, detailing a deadline for full proposal submission.
4. Upon deadline, a postcard will be sent to the applicant acknowledging receipt of proposal and requesting additional i information, as needed.
5. Site visit will be set up.
6. Complete proposals are presented to and reviewed by the Board four times a year.
7. Applicants are informed by mail immediately following the Board’s decision.
8. Applicants are informed via email or phone following the Board's decision.
9. No new proposals can be considered until all terms of Grant Agreement, narrative, and financial requirements are met.
Board of Directors
Jose L. Fernandez
Ana F. Buraglia
3109 Grand Ave #309 Miami, FL 33133